Fishing Safety Officer
Safety Officers perform a very important function on board the vessel. Other than the Master, Fishing Vessel Owners should appoint certified personnel on-board their Fishing Vessels to ensure that they are operated safely. This course qualifies one to fulfil the role as a Safety Officer whose responsibilities include: Occupational Health and Safety, Meetings, Investigations, Permits to Work, Lock Outs, Safe Work Procedures, Drills, etc. The Safety Officer must also ensure that crew meet all safety standards while performing their duties, whilst wearing the correct PPE.
The course is consists ofa mixture Theory and practical components.
On completion students will have sufficient knowledge on the following area’s:
- On-board duties and responsibilities related to occupational safety
- Work policies and housekeeping
- Safety policies and practices
- Emergency drills and responses
- Vessel incident response
- Injury prevention
- Safe decking practices
- Delegates must be at least 16 years of
- Proficiency in English Language written and Verbal skills
- Medically Fit
Seafarer working in the role of a SSO.
A Project Maritime Training Certificate will be issued on delegate been found competent.
Every five years
- Project Maritime Training, Saldanha Bay, South Africa.
Items to bring
- Delegates must present photographic ID at the start of the course.
- Accepted forms are government issued photographic identification, eg passport or identity document
All delegates will be asked to complete a medical questionnaire prior to course commencement.
Courses as per training schedule or on request.
|Fishing Safety Officer
|COURSE RUN ON REQUEST
Contact our Business Office to Schedule