Able Seafarer Engine (Oiler)
The Able Seafarer Engine training course aims to prepare trainee’s with operational skills and knowledge to perform engineering duties in a manned engine room or designated to perform duties in a periodically unmanned engine room as well as carry out other ships machinery.
Duration 10 days
The course is a structured mixture of theory and practical application.
Course Code STCW A-II/5
On completion students will have sufficient knowledge on the following area’s:
- Assist with marine engineering watch keeping duties at support level
- Assist with bunkering and liquid transfers at the support level
- Contribute to the operations of the ship and care for persons on board at support level
- Follow safe electrical electronic and control engineering processes at the support level
- Provide maintenance and repair on board ship at support level
- Carry out designated security duties and contingency plans at support level
- Delegates must be at least 16 years of
- Proficiency in English Language written and Verbal skills
- Medically Fit
Ratings forming part of an Engineering Watchand for those requiring certificates of competency
A Project Maritime Training STCW 2010 Manilla Compliant Certificate will be issued on delegate been found competent.
- Project Maritime Training, Saldanha Bay, South Africa.
Items to bring
- Delegates must present photographic ID at the start of the course.
- Accepted forms are government issued photographic identification, eg passport or identity document
All delegates will be asked to complete a medical questionnaire prior to course commencement.
Courses as per training schedule or on request.
Comments are closed.