This course is designed to provide personnel who travel by helicopter with an understanding of helicopter escape procedures and, in particular, action to be taken to evacuate or escape from a ditched/capsized helicopter.
Duration 1 day
Delegates are introduced to HUET training in a theoretical manner which is supplemented by demonstration and delegate participation.
Course Code 5858
The syllabus focuses on:
- Action prior to ditching
- Actions following simulated ditching including submersion and inversion of helicopter
- Deployment and operation of Emergency Breathing Systems (EBS)
- Helicopter emergency procedures
The FOET (with EBS) is open to persons who have a valid (in-date) OPITO-approved BOSIET (with CAEBS), BOSIET, TBOSIET, FOET (with CA-EBS), FOET or TFOET certificate.
Delegates who have attended a Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) course and wish to maintain their current certification for working in the off shore oil and gas industry.
An OPITO-approved Further Offshore Emergency Training certificate with EBS will be issued on successful completion of the course.
Every four years.
Maximum Delegates per course
Held at Project Maritime & Survival Offshore Training, Saldanha Bay, South Africa.
Items to bring
- Delegates must present photographic ID at the start of the course. Accepted forms are government issued photographic identification, eg passport or identity document
- Regonised in Date Medical Certificate
- All delegates must bring swimwear and a towel.
Due to certain aspects of the course being physically demanding and potentially stressful, delegates will be required to confirm their medical fitness & physical ability to participate on the practical elements of the course by completing our centre medical self-screening form prior to commencing practical training.
Courses run weekly.