Refresher Competence in Medical Care
This five-day STCW course is for seafarers designated to take charge of medical care on board ship and for those requiring certificates of competency.
Duration 5 days
Course Code STCW A-VI/4-2
On completion students will have sufficient knowledge of medical stores and equipment on board to be able to achieve the learning outcomes which are:
- Outcome 1: The learner understands how to participate in the coordinated provision of medical care to a person on board.
- Outcome 2: The learner is able to assess and provide care to an ill person on board.
- Outcome 3: The learner is able to assess and provide care to an injured casualty on board.
The course is a structured mixture of theory and practical application.
The practical section includes a mandatory total of 12 hours observation at a trauma centre done after hours under supervision.
- Delegates must be at least 16 years of
- Proficiency in English Language written and Verbal skills
- Medically Fit
- Delegates must be in possession of one of the following valid and regonised certificates:
- Medical First Aid STCW A – VI/4 -1
Seafarers designated to take charge of medical care on board ship and for those requiring certificates of competency
A Project Maritime Training STCW 2010 Manilla Compliant Certificate will be issued on delegate been found competent.
Every five years
- Project Maritime Training, Saldanha Bay, South Africa.
- Designated Trauma Centre under supervision
Items to bring
- Delegates must present photographic ID at the start of the course.
- Accepted forms are government issued photographic identification, eg passport or identity document
All delegates will be asked to complete a medical questionnaire prior to course commencement.
Courses as per training schedule or on request.
Comments are closed.