Offshore Lifeboat Coxswain
This programme is designed to meet the initial training and assessment requirements for Offshore Lifeboat Coxswains in the oil and gas industry.
During the course delegates will learn and demonstrate to a level of competence all aspects of preparation, launching, maneuvering and retrieval of an enclosed lifeboat.
The syllabus focuses on:
- Coxswains Responsibilities
- Maintaining Operational Readiness
- Preparing Lifeboat for Launching
- Mustering and Boarding of Passengers
- Launching of Lifeboats
- Clearing Installation – use of Compass
- Hook Release Systems
- Radio Communication
- Retrieval and Stowage of Lifeboat
- Launching into a Hazardous Environment
- Towing and Pacing of an other Lifeboat
- Recovery of Persons in Water
Delegates must be at least 16 years of age.
All personnel employed onboard vessels who are involved with the emergency response
A Project Maritime Training certificate will be issued on successful completion of the course.
Every two years.
Held at Project Maritime Training, Saldanha Bay, South Africa.
Items to bring
Delegates must present photographic ID at the start of the course. Accepted forms are government issued photographic identification, eg passport or identity document
Recognised in date medical certificate
All delegates will be asked to complete a medical questionnaire prior to course commencement.
Course scheduled on request – please contact our business centre.
Comments are closed.