Opito Further Offshore Emergency Training (FOET with CA-EBS) Refresher 1 Day
This course is designed as a refresher course for BOSIET and FOET training. FOET aims to refresh delegates on the topics of basic safety, firefighting, basic first aid and helicopter escape training. FOET is a one-day practical course and has no online prerequisite.
Course Code 5850
The syllabus focuses on:
- Helicopter safety and escape – actions to be taken in the event of a helicopter emergency, including operation and use of Emergency Breathing Systems (CA-EBS)
- Fire fighting and self-rescue – operation of hand held portable fire extinguishers and use of respiratory protective equipment
- Emergency first aid
Delegates will attend a full day of training where they will be assessed on their existing knowledge of emergency procedures encountered on an offshore installation as well as enhance their knowledge of these procedures.
The FOET (with CA-EBS) is open to persons who have a valid (in-date) OPITO-approved BOSIET (with CA-EBS), BOSIET, TBOSIET, FOET (with CA-EBS), FOET or TFOET certificate.
Delegates wishing to refresh their current BOSIET or FOET certificate.
An OPITO-approved Further Offshore Emergency Training certificate with CA-EBS will be issued on successful completion of the course.
Every four years.
Maximum Delegates per course
Held at Project Maritime & Survival Offshore Training, Saldanha Bay, South Africa.
On the day of training
- Delegates must present their current/ indate DBOSIET or FOET certificate.
- Delegates must present a valid ID or passport.
- Delegates must present an in date medical certificate.
- Delegates must wear closed shoes.
Due to certain aspects of the course being physically demanding and potentially stressful, delegates will be required to confirm their medical fitness & physical ability to participate on the practical elements of the course by completing our centre medical self-screening form prior to commencing practical training.
Courses run weekly.